A little bitabout me
Over 10 years experience working on persuasive architecture for the entertainment, financial and health industries including 2 of the world’s largest poker sites.
Front-end development experience
Former active member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) WCAG Working Group, creating the world wide standards for web accessibility – WCAG 2.0.
10 Things About Me
- 10+ years UX Design experience
- Former front-end programmer
- Helped author the worldwide guidelines for web accessibility – past active member of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Led UX for 2 of world’s largest poker sites – Full Tilt Poker (over 27k players at any one time) & PokerStars (over 60 million registered members) – working on large complex global programmes including TV commercials, large scale live events, print advertising and complex payment processing
- Worked on FullTiltPoker.com while it was rated Nielsen ranked as the world’s stickiest brand in 2009, with 4 million users in the month of April
- Worked on JackPot Poker app with over 1 million downloads in the android playstore alone
- Met Jakob Nielsen & Donald Norman
- Certified to command sailing vessels up to 24 meters (Day Skipper)
- One-time dog groomer
- Hoffman graduate
I am not a butcher, baker, nor candlestick maker, however I do like to cook up a storm when the occasion arises. I have a background in theatre (which helps in my UX work). I am a one-time dog groomer with a regular client called “Ruffles”. I’m a Ted talks junkie and wikipedia fanatic (I have an incurable need to know how things work).
Meeting Donald Norman